Membership Provides Opportunities for
There are responsibilities associated with membership. Please be sure that you understand the cost & commitment. If you are still interested after reviewing the following information, please complete our Membership Application.
Membership in a Soroptimist Club is based upon eligibility as provided in the bylaws of SILB and the Soroptimist International Constitution.
The following overview identifies the general and financial obligations of all members who wish to maintain annual membership. All members will be billed in advance on a quarterly basis for at least one meal per month. Meals are billed in advance and credit for excused meals will be given the following quarter.
- *** Please note: Members must pay for at least one meal per month regardless of attendance. *** $200 minimum annually
- Members must pay for one ticket or make a cash donation for the equivalent of one ticket to the club’s major fundraisers (such as the Women Who Make A Difference Awards Luncheon.) – Typically $75 x 2 events = $150
- Members must pay annual dues – $185*
- Member must wear her Soroptimist pin on the left, above her heart, and her name badge on the right.
- Actively serve on a major committee and an event committee (i.e. Fall Fundraiser or Women Who Make a Difference Luncheon).
- Participate in new member recruitment.
- * As of October, 2015, typical annual expenses for membership was $500 – $700 per year.