MEMBERSHIP IN SOROPTIMIST
Membership in a Soroptimist Club is based upon eligibility as provided in the bylaws of the Long Beach club and the Soroptimist International Constitution. Our clubs are inclusive, thoughtful, focused, supportive, and fun! lf you are interested in joining us after reviewing the following information regarding the privileges and responsibilities of membership please complete our Membership Application.
MEMBERSHIP IN SOROPTIMIST INTERNATIONAL OF LONG BEACH (SILB)
The following overview identifies the general and financial responsibilities of members who wish to maintain annual membership.
SILB meets as a club twice a month, on the first and third Wednesdays from September to June at 5:00 PM. Meetings are on Zoom unless otherwise noted. The first meeting each month is the Business meeting where information is shared, and planning occurs for upcoming events. On the third Wednesday of each month, a Program meeting is held. Topics are arranged by our Program Chairperson and are open to members and guests.
- Participation in fundraising events is a requirement of membership. Each person is asked to support fundraising projects by both participating in planning and by attending.
- Club members are also encouraged to sell tickets to events to friends, family, and other community members.
- Annual dues are collected each spring. Dues paid support programs for Soroptimist of the Americas (SIA), the Camino Real Region (CRR) and our local club, Soroptimist of Long Beach (SILB)
- Each member must serve on one planning committee (fundraising, philanthropy, member services, communications/outreach). All members must assist with tasks as requested for each Club major and small fundraising event.
- Each member must participate in new member recruitment by inviting others to SILB events and/or meetings.
- Each member must support community service projects by donating items or funds.
- Club members are encouraged, but not required to attend regional and Federation meetings (a portion may be paid by the Club).
Estimated Annual Member Expenses as of 2023.
- $475 ($225 dues plus fundraiser obligations)
Soroptimist International of Long Beach (SlLB) is a Club that offers opportunities for making a positive impact on the lives of women and girls in our community and around the world. Please consider joining us as we move forward to support women and girls, here and abroad.