Live Your Dream: Education & Training Awards for Women
The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards assist women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects.
Step 1: Determine if you are eligible. You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either a member or an employee.
- Has a Social Security number or Tax ID number. (This is required for tax purposes and is only necessary if you are a resident of the United States. You will not be asked to share this information unless you have been given an award.)
Step 2: Complete the Application Form
If you meet all of the above eligibility requirements, apply now using the application form below or click this link to access application materials: http://www.soroptimist.org/awards/apply.html Applications for the 2017-18 Soroptimist International of Long Beach club level awards will be accepted between June 15, 2017 and November 15, 2017. If you have any questions, please contact Charlene Wynne at (562) 243-1009.
Note: When you have completed your application, please select “Save As” from the “File” menu and change the file name to include your initials in the name of the file; For example: “lyd_applicationLG.pdf” Then click “Save.”
Step 3: Obtain Two References.
You will need two different people to fill out the reference form “lyd_reference-form.pdf”. Please email this form to your references and request that they email the forms back to you when completed. Be sure to tell the person who is completing the reference for you to Click “Save As” and change the file name to include your name and their initials. For example: “LYD_Reference_Julia_DeanCW.pdf” the Click “Save”.
Step 4: Mail your application and references to the following address by NOVEMBER 15:
Soroptimist International of Long Beach
Attn: Charlene Wynne
P.O. Box 15064
Long Beach, CA 90815-0064
via email to SILBGrants@gmail.com
with subject line note: “LYD Application”
For information and assistance about the application process and requirements, including videos: