To the Friends of Soroptimist International of Long Beach –
Are you are a former member, a friend of a member, a past honoree, a community leader or someone who expressed an interest in and share the goals of Soroptimists to better the lives of women and girls locally, nationally and internationally?
We recognize that while you have a philanthropic heart and want to be of service, the circumstances of your current position don’t allow you to make a full commitment of the necessary time required to be a Soroptimist. You support our goals, our projects, and our events.To keep you close we have initiated a Friends of Soroptimist donor designation. The annual donation will be $100.00. 100% of this donation will be used for our service projects and is tax deductible.
As a donor you will receive the following benefits:
- Attendance at luncheon program meetings of your choice at the meal cost ($18.00) with RSVP. (As a non-member you may not attend business or Planning meetings.)
- Opportunities to volunteer in hands-on projects, and events.
- Invitations to social and fund raising events.
- Subscription to the Soroptimist News club newsletter.
Through this donor program you can be in our communication network to not only learn what we are doing but why. Your support will become real and will be invaluable. Consider yourself a Friend with benefits.
What, you may wonder, will I be supporting? Our focus this year is:
- The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards assist women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them cash awards to improve their education, skills and employment prospects.
- Dream It, Be It. Career exploration workshops and mentoring programs for High School girls.
- The Soroptimist Day of Success. The Club works with Women Helping Women to assist women who are entering or re-entering the workforce who need guidance and assistance with wardrobe and resume-writing and job interview workshops.
- October is Domestic Violence Awareness month. At our Stuff-It Party, Soroptimists prepared 54 bags sorted by a child’s size to donate to three area shelters. A traumatized child receives a change of clothing, pajamas, books, supplies, and perhaps, a toy.
- Human Trafficking – We support the efforts of the Long Beach Human Trafficking Task Force to increase awareness and prevention of human trafficking and support services for survivors. Members will assemble backpacks for the survivors filled with personal items as well as a message of caring.
- The club members will help out at the Youth Exploitation Safety Symposium (YESS) event in Long Beach. This symposium will be informational on the subject of Human Trafficking and of value to parents, students and the community at large.
- SILB established Meals on Wheels of Long Beach in 1971. The club continues to support this growing organization.
We look forward to connecting with you.
To become a Friend of Soroptimist, please visit our website at this link:
The Members of Soroptimist International of Long Beach.